Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tokyo National Museum

Yesterday, I went to the Tokyo National Museum (wiki link) near Ueno Station. It was a pretty good museum to go to. It had a lot of the things that define the Japanese people and their culture. I arrived there 2 hours before closing. I wanted some time to hit the gift shop before closing so (like before), my goal was to finish the museum in 1 hour and 30 minutes. This means, I'll have to cut out the reading and instead take pictures of the labels and anecdotes to read later. I also took pictures of their exhibits as I went along. Photography was forbidden in only a few exhibits that were lent by private owners.
In the museum, my favorites were the Noh masks, Japanese paintings, beautiful kimonos, and of course their samurai warrior collection. Take a look.
From Japan
From Japan
From Japan
From Japan

It was enriching. Look at me soaking it in!

No comments: