Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Magic of Disney in Tokyo

This weekend, I spent two days in Tokyo Disney Resort (wiki link). They have two parks here, Disneyland and Disney Sea. Tokyo Disneyland looks exactly like Disneyland California.
From Japan

It is down to the exact general park layout, but almost all the words spoken were in the theme rides, like Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster, is in Japanese. Good thing, I've been to Disneyland California because I've heard the English language version. I bought a good souvenir display of Minnie Mouse in a kimono outfit. The only place you could get it is at Chiba Traders Shop in the park. I rode the must rides for adults like Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates of the Carribean. And everyone has to visit It's A Small World ride.

Disney Sea (wiki link)is different. It's theme is the many coasts and harbors of the world.
From Japan

It's a better park than Disneyland for thrill seekers. My favorite was Storm Rider. It had that Japanese Anime feel to it like Macross and Final Fantasy VII with the Computer Generated Images (CGI).

I'm proud to say that I've been to Tokyo Disneyland. Another Disney dream come true.
From Japan

No comments: