Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yokohama Day Trip

I took a trip to Yokohama City on September 28. The first stop was The Landmark Tower (wiki link). This is an impressive tower (the highest observatory in Japan) that can see all 360 degrees of Yokohama and as far away as Tokyo from far away. This building also has the fastest elevator in Japan at max speed of 750 meters per minute (28 Mph) which they show off in a digital spedometer on the elevator.
From Japan
Then I took a ride on a boat ferry that dropped me off at Yamashita Park, where I walked
From Japan
around and looked at the Sea Guardian Statue, the Red Shoes, and the Indian Drinking Fountain along the park. There was suppose to be a bike rental in the park area too, but I walked around and didn't find it. It was suppose to be near the lighthouse tower. After that, I walked my way to Japan's largest chinatown and had dinner in a kaiten style chinese food restaurant that caught my interest. Then I worked my way to Yokohama Stadium which is home to the BayStars baseball club and took pictures. This was the last stop and I took the train back to Tokyo.
From Japan

No comments: